I have watched this video quite a few times over the last year or so. I think the ideas around people who lead and those are effectively leaders is very poingnant. The ideas from the golden circles can be used in many ways from recruitment, entrepreneurship, company culture to organisations and society at large.
I like this quote in terms of team and culture. This is how you get things done. How you, your organisation can be agile, innovative and cutting-edge. This is something I believe-in, especially in regards to my most recent employment move (more changes coming. Watch that space!!).
“If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood and sweat and tears.” Simon Sinek
Watch the video and you will see what I mean.
Its all about the defination of those who Lead, and those are Leaders. I think that this definition can be applied to all situations, work and personal. What do you think?
I was trying to find some quick themes inside the Google’s announced updates via their Inside Search blog on their June and July updates post.
These are their published updates from June and July. I first tried to understand this post, by doing a crude, word cloud. Sometimes themes just poke their head up!
But as you can see, this is a bit like search of old and just by being frequent, it doesn’t necessarily convey the sentiment or meaning.
So, here are some groups/themes IMHO.
- Panda quality factors updates are mentioned a few times – so maybe more on-page factors are being refined
- The phrase, more relevant answers from “Trusted Sites” I thought stood out. Is this for Brands (Vince) or for those who are socially strong?
- Native languages, understanding of synonyms and context which is definitely a move to knowledge/understanding rather than just quantity of words
- Maps, Knowledge graph and Local to be updated. I would speculate to allow even more personalised SERPs
And a number of presentational updates to
- Inline services e.g. nascar results, in-line with F1
- Flights search and departure/arrival info
- Autosuggest on native language
If you look at this and the previous few updates, then its more about sentiment, understanding, oh and some user experience stuff; with a massive purge on quality as an underlying assumption.
Just a few quick thoughts.
We knew it was coming and here is their [Google] announcement. They explain this as improving search and helping people explore. If you ask Google a questions, historically it gave you a list of possible places to find the answer. If, they understand your question, they can try and give you an answer. Or at least, throw many possible ways for you to find that answer all in one place.
Anyway, I am sure there is much more to come and many pundits to comment. Here is their video.